Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mama Memories :)

These Poems were from gifts from my daughters for Mother's Day from school. In reading them both I have come to the realization that sometimes I don't even get to drink my coffee because my daughters love to drink it too. I love that we have that something in common makes for a precious memory. And a dandelion really may be my favorite flower without me realizing it. We always seem to have at least one in our house in a cup of water, they really do pick them just for me. I have always said they are the prettiest weed I have ever seen :)

Dandelions                                                                                    

Mommy, 
Guessing your favorite flower
Shouldn't be all that hard. 
I'll be they're green and yellow
And grow all over the yard. 

I only pick the special ones
Because they're just for you.
They're my way of saying thanks
Fore everything you do!

And even if these flowers
Only seem to last for a day. 
The love that they are given with
Will always be there to say.

Fore when it comes to picking 
The mommy that's the best
In my precious little eyes
"You" stand out from the rest!

I really love you mommy.
Hope your Mother's Day is fun.
Here's hugs and kisses for you
From your "darling little one."

If you Give a Mom a Muffin

If you give a mom a muffin, She'll want a cup of coffee to go with it.
She'll pour herself some.
Her three-year-old will spill the coffee.
She'll wipe it up.
Wiping the floor, she'll find dirty socks.
She'll remember she has to do the laundry.
When she puts the laundry in the washer, She'll trip over boots and bump into the freezer.
Bumping into the freezer will remind her she has to plan for supper.
She will get out a pound of hamburger, She'll look for her cookbook ("101 Things to do with a Pound of Hamburger")
The cookbook is setting under a pile of mail.
She will see the phone bill, which is due tomorrow. 
She will look for her checkbook.
The check book is in her purse, that is being dumped out by her two-year old.
She'll smell something funny.
She'll change the two-year-old diaper.
While she is changing the diaper, the phone will ring. 
Her fine-year-old will answer and hang up.
She'll remember she wants to phone a friend for coffee.
Thinking of coffee will remind her that she was going to have a cup.
And chances are...If she has a cup of coffee, 
Her kids will have eaten the muffin that went with it. 

I love my girls, my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment