Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Just a Diamond

I guess all girls love a diamond or two sometimes three or four.  Well today I had the chance to make two of the most awesome girls I know the happiest I have seen them ever in their short little lives,  besides taking them to the beach. My older girls officially grew up and got their ears pierced. They are no longer toddlers, they are preschoolers, and almost a kindergartner.

 They've been asking for diamonds in their ears for weeks, I finally said yes. But the best part is, they payed for it with their hard earn money.  I was so proud of them as they picked out their earrings, they sat in the chair (straight) got the shot of earrings, cried, stopped crying and then smiled until they went to sleep. It was as if their lives were completed today. They grew up once again today.

People get sad about their kids growing up, not being a baby anymore.  Honestly, I don't know if I get sad emotionally, or I just go with the flow and embrace the moment they are in.  Don't get me wrong I love babies, but these girls growing up, doing more and more kid things makes my heart jump.  I love who they are becoming.  I love seeing their interest shine through together and separately, I love their need to be independent, I love it all. I take delight in who they are and what gift they are from God to me. 

 I am proud of them, and their choice to believe that they deserve the best, and to them the best is a diamond, (at least for right now).


No comments:

Post a Comment